Representing State and Municipal Employees on Injury Claims

Public employees in New York state have substantially the same legal options for work injury claims that private sector workers have: workers’ compensation, personal injury and Social Security disability insurance. If you got hurt while working at a state or local government job, contact Hobika Law Firm for a free consultation in Utica.

Injured In Government Employment? Call 315-327-2849 For A Free Consultation

Our goal in workplace injury litigation is to help people recover as much as they can from as many sources as possible. If we need to have two or three cases going at once for you, that’s what we’ll do. We only recover attorney’s fees if we recover compensation on your behalf.

The first step is to get a workers’ compensation claim up and running. As long as we can prove that your injury was job-related and caused you to miss work, we should be able to get benefits paid fairly quickly. The biggest problems in workers’ compensation usually come up when the employer decides that you’re ready to come back before you’ve fully recovered.

Most public employees understand that they can’t sue their government employer for negligence damages, but any third party responsible for your injuries should be considered as a potential defendant in a civil lawsuit. Negligent drivers, manufacturers or property owners are the third parties most commonly identified as personal injury defendants.

Our law firm has represented injured workers for benefits and damages claims for more than 40 years. Our public employee clients include:

  • Police
  • Firefighters
  • Transportation workers
  • Hospital workers
  • Correctional institution guards and staff
  • Teachers
  • Coaches
  • Administrative staff

We represent state and municipal employees on injury claims related to occupational illness or repetitive stress trauma, fractures and sprains, and disabling traumatic injuries to the brain or spinal cord. No matter how severe your injury happens to be, it’s serious enough for our lawyers as long as you miss work as a result of an accident or chronic condition.

It Can Make A Big Difference To Call A Lawyer ASAP After An Injury

The best time to get legal advice is as soon as possible. Not the day after you saw a doctor, but between the time you make the appointment and the time you get to the clinic. Or call us while you’re waiting in an emergency room. The advice we give you may have an immediate and positive effect on your workers’ compensation claim. At the same time, the information you provide can get us started on the investigation of a personal injury claim.

For more information about our experience with lost-time injury and disability claims for public employees in central New York, contact the Utica law firm of Hobika Law Firm for a free consultation. Call us at 315-327-2849 or 800-587-9559.