Joseph H. Hobika Jr., Esq.
Is a graduate of Hamilton College and Syracuse University College of Law. Joe Jr. has a wide variety of legal and practical experience having worked for the New York State Assembly, the New York State Senate, and the City of Utica and as an attorney for the County of Oneida. Joe Jr. spent a number of years representing the Oneida County Department of Public Health as Special Assistant County Attorney and was chief attorney for the county of Oneida on the multi-million dollar Mass Gathering Woodstock '99. Joe Jr. has been the City of Utica's Empire Zone Coordinator, Brownfield Coordinator, Executive Director and General Counsel to the Utica Industrial Development Agency and Executive Director of the Utica Brownfield Revitalization Corporation.
In addition, Joe Jr. has been involved in well over 3000 residential and commercial real estate closings representing Lenders, Purchasers, Sellers, and Public Agencies such as the Utica Urban Renewal Agency and the Utica Municipal Housing Authority.
In addition, Joe Jr. has counseled numerous client's, including Government Agencies, not-for-profit and small businesses on various legal matters including but not limited to board activities, employee matters, litigation, governance, contract negotiation and real estate and business acquisition.
Additionally, Joe Jr. has had extensive litigation experience having litigated matters in Supreme Court on behalf of Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation, Prudential Insurance Company and numerous individual plaintiffs and defendants. Joe Jr. also frequently represents clients in Family Court.
Finally, Joe Jr. has had extensive experience in litigating hundreds of matters before numerous administrative tribunals such as the Worker's Compensation Board, the Department of Motor Vehicles, Social Security Administration, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor.
Areas of Practice
- Business Organizations
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Same-Sex Family Law
- Traffic/Criminal & DWI
- New York, 1985
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- Hamilton College
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- Prudential Insurance Company
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Senate
- City of Utica, County of Oneida, multi-million dollar Mass Gathering Woodstock '99, Chief Attorney
- Oneida County Department of Public Health, Special Assistant County Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- City of Utica, Empire Zone Coordinator, Brownfield Coordinator
- Utica Industrial Development Agency, Executive Director and General Counsel
- Utica Brownfield Revitalization Corporation, Executive Director
- Utica Urban Renewal Agency
- Utica Municipal Housing Authority